NEIVA Funding Strategy
Indigenous governed visual arts organisations (such as art centers and peak bodies) are key employers in remote communities, yet investment in their employees and capacity building is limited, resulting in high staff turnover and difficult working environments. Building is limited, resulting in high staff turnover and difficult working environments.
The Broad Goal
Global recognition and appreciation for Australian Indigenous Visual Arts and its highly skilled and valued workforce.
- Empower Indigenous governed visual arts organisations to identify and plan their development needs and sustainability objectives; and
- Encourage Indigenous visual arts sector partnership and collaboration.
- Supporting capacity building and professional development grants.
- Encouraging art centers to plan projects and initiatives that contribute to their sustainable future.
- Leveraging NEIVA’s funding to stimulate multi-year grants that demonstrate commitment to sector leading projects.
Then we will see…
- Increase in sector collaboration.
- Defined cases for support for additional investment in achieving capacity building goals.
This will lead to…
- Improved work environments and greater workforce succession plans.
- Greater appreciation in the need to invest in the people – not the product or services – of VAOs and peak bodies.